Habitat Contact Info
ReStore Contact Info:
About Blount Habitat
This organization builds homes for low income families that otherwise would not have the opportunity to own. If chosen, the applicant must complete at least 300 hours of “sweat equity,” and 100 hours of classroom time before breaking ground on their property will take place. The sweat equity is usually them helping on a build for another family, and the classroom time is training in money management. They are also required to be on sight at their own home for 70% of the build. They have built 130 houses since they started here in this area, and have only had 1 foreclosure which they recycled to another family in need. They credit this to the extensive training and hard work they require of the applicants. This is in no way a hand out.
- Volunteers to bring in snacks and drinks to the workers.
- People to help teach finance classes.
- Volunteers to wrap gifts outside of Belk in December. All profit goes to Habitat.
- Families to partner with them in anyway.
- Construction days vary. Call or email contact below for current build times. (Each step of how the house is built will be taught; no skill or experience needed.)
Habitat for Humanity ReStores are nonprofit home improvement stores and donation centers that sell new and gently used furniture, home accessories, building materials, and appliances to the public at a fraction of the retail price. Habitat for Humanity ReStores are proudly owned and operated by local Habitat for Humanity affiliates, and proceeds are used to build homes, community, and hope locally and around the world.
- All proceeds go back to habitat.
- ReStore is open Mon.-Sat. from 9-6pm and Sunday from 1-5pm.
- Kids under age 15 can volunteer, but they must have a guardian to sign a volunteer form and be there with them.
- ReStore needs help with donation assistance and speaking with the donors when they drop off items.
- Help with organizing and cleaning items as they come in.
- Clothes processing.
- Hanging and sorting clothes.
- Straightening the floor.
**Mid afternoons and Saturdays are the busiest times with donations**